Sunday 30 December 2012

Expansion Day 13 - 19 Turns Total

Today is13 days of expanding and 18 days post SARPE surgery. I had 3 really rough days before today where my jaw joints were aching and the pressure in my cheeks, nose and front teeth really got to me. I am expected to return to work tomorrow for half a day, then off Tuesday for New Years and back half a day on Wednesday. Tomorrow just happens to be a 2 turn day so I may be taking a nice afternoon nap when I get home.

The gap is growing quite a bit each day. I have now successfully made 19 turns which is a total of 4.75 millimeters of expansion in 13 days. I have had about 4 stitches fall out, not sure how many are left but still feels tight. My top lip is still very numb and now has some sores on the back part of my lip. Medicated blistex seems to help with them as Vaseline was not doing anything for it at this point. I have another 12 days yet before I see the surgeon again.

The cold weather really bugs me when I go outside. Any longer then a minute out in the cold and I start to ache because my top lip cannot come down over the front teeth to block the air from going through the gap. Night time dries it out pretty good too so I am pretty parched by the time morning comes. It's going to be looong winter!

Gap after 13 days of turning with 19 turns in total


Bruising is still a little noticeable on my lower left cheek


No comments:

Post a Comment