Friday 14 December 2012

Post-Op - Day 2

What can I say about Day 2 post-op? The best way to describe today is that I am in a lot of pain and now look like one of the characters from planet of the apes. I can no longer moves my lips, barely open my mouth and cannot eat/drink more then a few sips of water at a time. To top it all off I just learned about the poor kids that were shot in an elementray school this morning? Such a heavy heart to boot.

Swelling is creeping up to my eyes now I am having hard time talking. Still 3 more days until the swelling reaches its max. I dread what it will be like tomorrow let alone 3 more days. The swelling inside my mouth has now almost caught up to my expander appliance. Not much room left in there at all. I have been icing my face almost all day trying to control the swelling and it helps relieve a little bit but not much. Hoping tomorrow is a little better but not expecting it to be. One more day of clear liquids yet and then maybe on Sunday I will be able to move to some boost or other liquids to fill me up. I haven't weighed myself in a couple days but I am sure I will be down at least 10 pounds now.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Day 2 Swelling

1 comment: