Saturday 22 December 2012

Expansion Day 5 - 7 Turns Total

This will probably be my last update for a few days as our Christmas festivities start tomorrow. There has been a lot of progress over the last couple of days in regards to swelling reduction and expanding. The front teeth are clearly separating from each other now and the expansion turns are giving off a little more pressure in my cheeks/nose each time we expand. I most definitely have to make sure to take some pain medication at least half an hour before we expand otherwise I pay for at least an hour after.

Today marks 10 days post SARPE and I am still not able to smile as the stitches are still intact. Over the last couple of days a few of them have slowly started to hang down a little bit onto my teeth so maybe another week and they will start to fall out like the surgeon said. Wish me luck on our 3 days of family Christmas starting tomorrow.

I had a true victory in regards to food yesterday as I was able to get down some Alphaghetti! I can definitely do smoothie's no problem and tonight I added some crackers to my soup. I still find it a challenge to clean the top of my mouth properly but truly happy that I am slowly expanding my soft diet choices.

Here is an updated picture of my gap after 7 turns in total in 5 days:

Day 5 Expansion - 7 turns total

No comments:

Post a Comment