Tuesday 1 January 2013

Big setback - Infection

One of my worst fears has come into play, a big setback for my progress. Yes, a dreaded infection. I have been fighting with swelling off and on as well as pains for quite a few days now but yesterday set the bar of reality that I definitely have an infection. Swelling is back up in my cheeks and top lip and my gums are throbbing. I now have some yellowish ooze between my two front teeth. I was in tears almost all night and got about 4 hours of sleep. The first thing I did this am was call my surgeon. Because it is New Years day I had to call him directly. He said I had to turn my expander back one turn and and don't do any tomorrow . I am to call him again on Thursday and turn it once that day. He also put me on antibiotic 4 times a day and I am to use the peridex mouthwash 3  times a day now. He said I will start to feel better 24 - 48 hours and that I am to go see him on Tuesday next week.

This whole process has been a nightmare and I just cant wait to feel "normal" again. To top it all off my boys have been exposed to the flu that his cousins got so I will be quarantining myself away from them. The last thing I need to catch right now is the flu.  Our family and work has been extremely supportive and helpful and I cant thank them enough for that.

Here's to hoping for a better tomorrow and healthy 2013.

Swelling back up in my top lip and cheeks (more so on my right side)

Side view of cheek swelling and upper lip swelling.

2 comments:

  1. OH Amy...that is just not what you needed right now. Hope you can kick the infection quickly, and get some sleep tonight. maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen, I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

      Delete