Wednesday 5 December 2012

Day 3 of Expander - No turns yet

Today is day 3 of the expanding appliance. I am slowly getting used to the appliance but having a hard time with any kind of food that is not liquid. Every little thing seems to get stuck in all the crevices and above the appliance. My tooth brush/paste, mouth wash and water with a straw have been my best friend the last couple days. After every couple of bites I have to take a few sips of water to try and swish the food out of my appliance. I have mostly stuck to foods like soup, and scrambled eggs with a boost for breakfast. Today I ventured a little further and had mini ravioli. It went pretty good but takes forever to eat!

Talking has been a completely challenging task. A lot of people have told me the I don't sound  not as bad as I think I do. So sweet of them. :) 

There is still no pain because I won't be turning the key for expansion until surgery which is now 1 week away. I am looking forward to my pre-op on Friday to find out answers to the million questions I have. Only a couple more days and then I"ll be able to answer so many more questions that I know a lot of you have been asking too. One day at a time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment