Tuesday 22 January 2013

Orthodontic Visit

The visit to my orthodontist went alright this morning. He double checked to make sure that there was no more infection going on and confirmed that everything looks healthy. I explained to him everything I have been through and he said he was sorry that it has been so painful and that he understands because there is so much pressure in my cheeks/jaw right now. I am supposed to call the surgeon back to get him to do an x-ray if I get anymore sever cheek pain.

He was happy with the expansion but said I still need to turn it once a week from now on until he tells me other wise. I am still scheduled to get braces put on Feb.11 however he wont start bringing my front teeth back together for 8 weeks after the last expansion. So it is still going to be a few months before they will start to bring it back into place. He figured that I would have to wear the braces for about 18 months - 2 years. I am going to ball park 2 years and anything sooner will be a treat.

My goal now is to keep plugging away, one day at a time. Today marks 41 days post SARPE surgery. I've been through a lot and made it so I will stay strong, and get through the next couple years! 


No comments:

Post a Comment