Thursday 3 January 2013

Infection update

A couple days have passed since I have been on my antibiotics and not a whole lot has changed. My upper lip and cheek swelling has come down a little since yesterday but the oozing between my front teeth is still there and my gum throbbing pain is still noticeable throughout the day. I have had to quarantine myself to my parents place as my family has fallen sick with the flu. It has been a very physically and emotionally miserable week to say the least.

I spoke to my surgeon this morning and he told me not to expand today but if I feel better tomorrow I should do one turn in the afternoon. If I am not feeling better then I have to call him back in the morning and he will be changing my antibiotics to something different. He said that they will be doing an xray next week to see how the healing process is going and if there is anything else going on with my front teeth. For now I have to keep up with my meds and keep trucking. Other then that everything else has been roughly the same. At times I feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare and then I just try to tel myself that this is not forever and it will be better soon. So for now I live day by day and try not to think too much about anything else.

1 comment:

  1. One day at a time is a good saying for many reasons....we can only deal with what is 'now'. Sounds like your now is pretty damn painful. Here's hoping those boys of yours get rid of the flu. And try to enjoy your Mom looking after you...Wishing you a speedy recovery. Maureen

    ReplyDelete