Thursday 10 January 2013

25 Expansions with Comparisons

So far so good today. Nothing too new to report from two days ago but I did take some pictures of how much my upper jaw has expanded and want to show the difference so far. I was supposed to go in to see the surgeon this afternoon but they are calling for a terrible blizzard again so I didn't want to risk the drive especially with my boys. I rescheduled to see him tomorrow afternoon instead so he can check to make sure all is still going well for healing.

One thing I have noticed in the last week is that my teeth have gone more yellow and it's all because of the peridex rinse that I have to use three times a day. Even thought I brush about 15 times a day (literally) I am told this is to be expected and that the dentist will be able to get it all cleaned off when I am able to go for a cleaning. Another wonderful "perk" of this process.

Check out these pictures though, it's pretty crazy to see the difference so far:


First day expander went in
24 turns (You can see how much the middle of the expander has spread apart)







Here are the pics of my bite before expansion and the bite I have currently:

Bite before this all started
Bite with 24 expansions (almost all the way on top of the bottom teeth now.

No comments:

Post a Comment