Wednesday 16 January 2013

Nightmare!

I am starting to feel like this nightmare is never going to end. I had my first full day back at work on Monday and it went pretty good, I was tired and a little sore from smiling by the end of the day but overall good day. Then yesterday (Tuesday) I woke up with a headache that refused to go away all day. I tried Advil which didn't touch it at all and then moved up to the Motrin that the Doc had prescribed to me at the beginning of January. That barely helped so I went to lay down in our wellness room at work for half an hour. Still nothing had changed so at that point it was 3 pm and I left a little early. My gums had started to get the burning and tingling sensation again and the weirdest part was my right ear went really red. The swelling had also started back up a bit. Then last night around 9:00 I was just sitting doing absolutely nothing, no eating no drinking no talking and all of a sudden I heard a click/pop sound on my left upper side of my mouth followed by excruciating pain radiating up into my left cheek. The sound was so loud that my husband heard it across our living room. It instantly brought tears to my eyes and lasted for a little while and then went away but left an ache for in my left jaw joint/cheek area under my eye from then on. I also had a little bit of twitching under my eye. So weird.

I went to bed to try and sleep it off until I could talk to the surgeon this morning. I had a very hard time getting out of bed, I was completely exhausted but I got up and showered and then had to lay back down for 20 minutes and force myself to get back up because I knew I had to try and get to the city to see the surgeon. So I finally got up to work and had to wait for the docs office to open. When I got through they said that he was actually doing surgeries today and not in his office so I still had his cell phone number and so I opted to text him my situation and for him to call me back. Not even 5 minutes after I texted him, he called me back. I explained the situation and that this morning my top lip is now swollen again , my gums are burning, my cheek is radiating pain, headache and the weird incident the night before. He said at this point I should not be feeling any pain or get any re swelling so something is going on and he can't see me til tomorrow morning. But he said for now to turn the expander back 1 (again) and to take the pain meds he had prescribed me earlier this month to try and dull the pain. He figured that the sound we heard was the bones shifting.

I left work shortly after my conversation with the surgeon and tried so hard to fight back the tears. As soon as I got home I took my Motrin and t3 and laid down to rest. My work sick leave program called and told me not to bother going in tomorrow and just to let them know what the surgeon says. I can not wait to get this nightmare behind me and that there isn't something more serious going on in my face somewhere. I really do not want to have to deal with another surgery at this point. Stay tuned for updates tomorrow. I'm going back to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment