Tuesday 8 January 2013

Infection - Surgeon Checkup

I had an appointment with the surgeon this morning to check on my infection situation. I woke up with my upper lip a little more swollen then the last two days were. When I got to my appointment he had to lift my upper lip to check the sutures and it hurt like hell when he did that. He said that because of all the scar tissue and nerves being cut everyone has that reaction when he has to check it at this point. He said that the gums are looking healthy and that everything is starting to heal properly. There were no puss pockets that he had to worry about going in and draining (thank goodness), and I have to go back on Thursday to double check that things are continuing to get better.

Apparently they used to use stitches that had to be removed but because they were causing a lot of infections, they now use the dissolvable one. However he said that they can still sometimes not dissolve fully and create an infection. Also sometimes these infections are caused by bone shavings getting inside there so he is monitoring my situation closely. For now I am OK and have to expand once a day rather then the 1, 2, 1 schedule. All the oozing and redness has gone away so I hope that this little bit of swelling is just the natural reaction to expansion again. Little by little, day by day I will pull through.

Here are some pics I took last night before my lip re-swelled:

Front teeth had closed the gap a little while I was not able to expand last week.

The redness is pretty well gone right beside my the gap of my two front teeth where it was oozing

You can tell that there is a lot of expansion already in the shape of my face and how many teeth are showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment