Thursday 13 December 2012

SARPE Surgery Day

I survived! It was a rough day but made it through surgery and home by 9 pm. I made it to the hospital by 815 am this morning and into day surgery ward by 830. My surgeon had 3 surgeries scheduled today but cancelled the first one before me because he apparently broke his wrist and was getting a cast put on. How calming!! He reassured me he was just fine and that he was most likely only going to do my surgery today. Again lucky me! My procedure was supposed to take an hour but because he was going slow and making sure to do a good job it actually took double the time. I was really calm and my husband ans the nurses were amazing. Without them I would have been a mess before surgery. I did however come out a mess and I am absolutely sure that was the most painful experience of my life yet. Yes I would rather give birth over doing this again. It took them 20 mg of morphine to get my pain to a 5 out of 10 which was given in about 6 shots all spread minutes apart. I probably cried for 3 hours straight. They also made me take 8 pills before surgery with one tiny little shot glass of water.That was a challenge but I got them down. I have not eaten anything today so far and will be on a strict clear liquid diet for 3 -5 days. I have a facial icepack to help with pain and inflammation. So far I am a chipmunk and there is movement of my teeth already so over the next few days I am expected to see even more swelling. Also whenever I tilt my head forward or swallow water my nose bleeds. So attractive I am!

 I do have to say though that I notice a difference already with being able to pull more air through my nose.  That's a bonus. I will be updating this blog with pictures each day for the next week so we can see the swelling changes. I am very thankful to my husband, the nurses and doctors today who helped try and make me the most comfortable I could possibly be. Time to drug up and get some rest. More tomorrow.

Morning of surgery

My son and I morning of my surgery

Just some of my meds

Teeth close up after surgery

Looking like crap when I got home. Swelling started and lots of pain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I cant even imagine! Your teeth have that little gap now too - which I know was expected haha. Crazy with the bleeding when you filt forward! Yikes! I also found it interesting that you could breath easier through your nose now! I had no idea that was all connected lol. Glad you made it out alright and wish you a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete