Monday 6 January 2014

January 2014 Update...

Well I officially missed updating everyone on my one year surgery anniversary back in December but I guess better late then never, right? Since my last update in August, a little bit of change has happened. My bottom front middle teeth now have a small gap between them which I never imagined could ever happen they from the way they started out. I will post some comparison pictures at the bottom for you to see.

I have finally been put back on the surgery wait list as of September 2013 but the sad part is that my surgeon is now up to a 12-14 month waiting list. My first surgery was only 3 - 6 months and I got in at the 3 month mark. I have phoned a couple of times since to see if the wait list has gone down but it hasn't budged. Until then, I am stuck in the waiting game and my braces will be on that much longer.

 I have been getting really worried lately about my top front teeth being shifted over to the left side of my face (right side in pictures). I know I had mentioned it to the orthodontist quite a few months ago and he assured me that the surgeon knew what he was doing and made the cut where it needed to be. However I have also noticed this last month that the front right tooth looks like it kind of dropped a little bit lower then my left tooth. I will definitely be mentioning this again at my next appointment this month.

The last 3 months I have had a wire tied around the two front teeth to keep them together. I still notice that the gums around the front four teeth are always redder and darker then the rest of my gums which is strange. I clean and floss and waterpik like crazy so I know it's not a hygiene issue. I like to think my body must still be trying to heal the bone?Who knows...

Anyways, that's about all for now. Here is the good stuff, the comparison pictures:

December 2012 - compared to....
December 2013 - You can see the redness in my gums still and the gap in the bottom teeth


Summer 2013 compared to....
December 2013
December 2012 compared to....

December 2013


December 2012 compared to....
December 2013


December 2012 - Before surgery compared to....
December 2013 - 1 year later  where you can see the top teeth are off to side a bit. Big change in my facial shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment